Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Comfort Food

Finally.  Mr. Wonderful encouraged me to take a much needed mental health leave from the casa and mi familia, so I thought I would be cliche and head to Starbucks.  He has some change left on a gift card and so off I went listening to the cassettes (wow!) in his car and felling my pressure level drop with every spin of the tires. 

I walked (no skipped) in and ordered my very un-chic decaf hazelnut latte (venti=big) and then remembered to ask about internet.  "Only if you have a registered Starbucks card," replied the very nice barista, "was your card registered?"  "And you must have a $5 balance on it."  Seriously?  Isn't that why people come to Starbucks?  Oh, yeah, it's to be ripped off for things that you can get for free or less at home!  

So I've taken my venti decaf hazelnut latte to panera, where I informed the nice employee when I entered that I promised to buy something after I finished my liquid gold (you would think).   To which she replied, "Oh, you don't have to.  I used to come in here all the time and I didn't buy anything."  Ahhhhhhh!   Panera=bread=comfort.  I knew it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about my thoughts.




  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP