Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Been Gone So Long

This has been a pretty "under-the-radar" kind of summer.

Haven't been to the beach.

Haven't seen any great concerts.

Haven't had "theme weeks" where we dressed in blue, ate blue jello and other educational events.

We've just sort of hung out. Like we did during summers when I was a kid.

I haven't blogged much because my brain has pretty much been on summer break too.

But I did think about you when we were visiting Atlanta and the kiddos and I spent the entire trip exploring a really fantastic city. But I got really busy feeding my chick-a-dees $10 cupcakes and exposing them to what "homeless" looks like.

It's been a great summer. And I'm really bummed that Daddy's girl will be heading back to school next week. There are so few "kid summers" left with her.

But I sure am looking forward to the fall too! We have fun in the fall. You'll see.

1 comment:

  1. It has gone by fast...hasn't it?! I really didn't know what to expect, with this being our first summer after a school year. But, now that I'm an experiences Kindergarten mom I am looking forward to send sending Emma in the door of the school without being 10 months pregnant and not crying all the way back to the car! (not to mention the whole day!) Having said all of that....it does put into perspective how short the time is with our little ones. They grow up way to fast! Enjoy the rest of the week with them and live, live, live (in the words of Auntie Mame)

    Son son

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about my thoughts.




  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP