Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cue Celine Dion

Today is Dad's birthday.  I don't know why, but on days like today I'm just really happy.  For the 29+ years I got to spend with him we made some really great memories.  He taught me kingdom principles and how to fish.  (Ironic huh?)  He wasn't perfect and didn't do everything right.  He is one of my heros though because he knew how to listen and how to speak.  He opened my eyes to the lessons of God in everyday objects and relationships.  Not a day goes by that something about him doesn't creep into my life.  

I wish desperately he could spend a day with us and see the kids, see the mother that I've become (on my good days) and eat and laugh like we used to, but those days are yet to come.  I look forward with great anticipation to seeing him again and coming face-to-face with my True Father. 

I am thankful for the memories and for who I am now (cue his favorite cheesy performer) "because you loved me."  (That was almost to bad to type!)

1 comment:

  1. why didn't i know about this blog!?! tara! you are truly encouraging with your words and your thoughts...and i hope you know how much your rants and ramblings and just sentences can inspire and encourage and just simply mean a lot to a simple reader!!

    that being said...i do think i am pretty simple sometimes...although profoundly (and i'm sure sometimes profanely) complex....did you know that back in the 50s in psychology books they talked about morons and oh, i can't think of the other ones right now...but i will...and i'll comment again...simple wasn't on the list...but i think of it as maybe not the greatest description...adjective??? anywho...you're pretty fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about my thoughts.




  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP