Monday, March 29, 2010

Palm branches, mac and cheese and a band-aid

For those of you following our Tribe's Holy Week festivities, here is a rundown of it so far:

Palm Sunday: An absolutely wonderful message from our pastor. God has not been duped! He is victorious! Hallalujah! What a Savior!
(Now, for those of you looking for the lighter-fare, here goes) My plans for Palm Sunday were thwarted in some ways, but I still felt like we really were in a celebratory spirit.

I stayed up way to late Saturday night candying almonds for my salad and toasting coconut for my dessert (which did not turn out like the pictures...never does). I didn't get the chicken defrosted in time, but figured I'd pick up something at Publix (where shopping for something YOU didn't have to cook... is a pleasure). By Sunday I was exhausted to say the least.

As I said the service was wonderful, and despite my weariness, I was still excited about my brother and friends coming over to share in the "kick-off feast" with us.

Well, as it always goes, lunch didn't get on the table till about 1:30pm and we had seven kids seven and under absolutely starving. Once we finished with all the plate fixing and bottom sitting that goes on with that many kids, we (the grown-ups) sat down to eat. But of course by the time we got our plates served, the kids had finished and were popping up like those weasels in that game (but in the game you get to bop them with a mallet to sit down, I'm just sayin').  So we pretty much ate in spurts. We laughed about life B.K. (before kids) when you just decided to eat and sat down and ate.  Lunch and the conversation at the table was a lot of fun and before we knew it it was time to head back up to the church with a bunch of kids who had no nap. (God bless committees!)  Oh, and you know someone had to fall and get cut up before it was all over too!  

For any of you who read "So Much to Celebrate," rest assured that I am taking on this week and all my many plans with the full understanding that like Daddy's Girl always says, "It doesn't have to be perfect."  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about my thoughts.




  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP