Monday, October 18, 2010

Running...spelled backwards...Lunacy

Not me. Just in case there was confusion.


Sometimes the things I do just do not make any sense.

Today, I began running. Or some form of it.

I'm just going to tell you that it is ugly and undisciplined and sad.

I am not really sure of the true reason I'm running.

It may be my desire to wear shorts next summer without all the superfluous motion that goes on after I stop moving.

It may be because I really love food. And I'd like to keep eating it.

It may be because when I run, no one asks me for anything. Most the time I am alone. Novel concept, I know.

It may be because the groovy music on my iPod shuffle tell me there "Ain't nothin' wrong with that" or that I'm "runnin' down a dream." (Have I significantly made the impression of how out of touch I am with modern music?)

I don't know. I do not measure my distance in miles yet or even fractions of miles. Instead, I measure it in the amount of minutes I can go without heaving up my lungs or falling down.

It is much more pre-K then 10K, but for now it will have to do.

So you don't have to look for me. You will hear me panting long before you see me.

2 comments:

  1. I probably won't hear you for all the panting I am doing! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. But, I've been running now for a while and I'm to the point where running is just the easiest thing to do. Don't think I run a long time or anything ... no more than 3 miles. But, I actually look forward to it every now and then. Stick with it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about my thoughts.




  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP